MEDIA RELEASE: UniSuper has been named Super Fund of the Year at the tenth annual Chant West Super Fund Awards last night in Sydney. More than 250 guests from across the industry embraced the opportunity to celebrate in-person, watching on as TelstraSuper took out the other major award, Pension Fund of the Year.
UniSuper also took home Best Fund: Advice Services, while last year’s Fund of the Year, AustralianSuper, took home Best Fund: Investments.
In an important development for the awards, this year saw the introduction of a Best Fund: Responsible Investment category, acknowledging the growing importance of this issue for fund members and the broader community. The inaugural award was won by Aware Super.
The other category winners were:
- Corporate Solutions Fund of the Year – Australian Retirement Trust – Super Savings
- Advised Product of the Year – Netwealth.
- Best Fund: Member Services – Australian Retirement Trust – Super Savings
- Specialist Fund of the Year – Cbus
- Best Fund: Insurance – TelstraSuper
- Best Fund: Longevity Product – Australian Retirement Trust – QSuper Lifetime Pension
- Best Fund: Integrity – Cbus
- Best Fund: Innovation – Hostplus
The Chant West Super Fund Awards recognises excellence across 13 award categories and showcases industry best practice to help drive continuous improvement across the super industry and ultimately improve member outcomes.
The theme this year was ‘Raising the Bar’. Chant West General Manager, Ian Fryer, said that in recent times, the government and regulators have raised the bar for super funds with member outcomes assessments, heatmaps and the performance test.
“For our 2022 ratings, we’ve also raised the bar on the standard we require for a fund to receive our highest rating of 5 apples. In this year’s awards we wanted to highlight those funds that keep raising the bar to drive better outcomes for their members,” Fryer said.
“The awards was a wonderful celebration of the hard work that funds do to deliver a financially comfortable retirement for their members.”